Exton Consulting Part of Accenture offers advice to executive boards of major banks and insurance companies and supports them in handling their growth and transformation issues, across six distinct areas of specialisation.
From the design of the strategic plan to the actual completion of the project, Exton Consulting Part of Accenture provides support during all phases of the implementation of the company's growth strategy:
- Trade and market positioning: analysis of the market and the company's business portfolio, evaluation of customer segments and their potential (sub-segmentation and segmentation changes), redefinition of the client's positioning, adoption of industrial customer knowledge tools, etc.
- External growth: identification of new sources and levers of growth, development of new concepts and products, etc..
- Geographic growth: mergers/consolidation/alliances/partnerships (Europe, World), expansion in growth markets (especially emerging markets)
- Strategic alliances and partnerships: opportunity analysis, acquisition due diligence, etc.
Sales & marketing
Exton Consulting Part of Accenture assists its clients with their six main issues around sales and marketing topics:
- Customer marketing / CRM: marketing plan and strategy, segmentation, relationship marketing, customer acquisition, loyalty programmes, customer equipment, etc.
- Marketing of products and services: brand portfolio management, innovation and product/service development processes, monitoring of product/service launches, marketing investment analysis, pricing strategy, etc.
- Digital marketing: reputation, online and mobile customer acquisition, personalised digital interaction and cross-selling, enhancement of the customer multichannel experience, digital marketing coordination, etc.
- Relationship management: customer interaction systems, recognition programme, customer service model, monitoring and improvement of customer satisfaction, network culture of service, etc.
Exton Consulting Part of Accenture's draws on specific expertise to assist its clients in the complete implementation of operational efficiency plans, from diagnosis to practical implementation:
- Performance benchmarking applying a responsive and reliable diagnostic tool developed inhouse by Exton Consulting Part of Accenture: The Exton Benchmark
- Overhaul and optimisation of channels/processes
- Definition and implementation of efficiency improvements
- Strategy and implementation of pooling and outsourcing initiatives
People & change
Exton Consulting Part of Accenture’s offering covers a wide range of HR related areas:
- HR strategy and culture
- Optimisation of HR processes
- Forward-looking skills management
- Change support
- HR organisation
Finance & risks
Exton Consulting Part of Accenture has the expertise to assist its clients in overhauling their performance monitoring and risk control framework:
- Strategic and operational performance indicators
- Strategic and budget planning
- Measuring profitability
- ERM strategy/risk management
- Risk monitoring and control
- Risk decisioning and methodology
Mergers & restructuring
From the intent to merge to the implementation phase, including due diligence and the detailed drafting of the merger agreement, Exton Consulting Part of Accenture guides the client through the key steps in the merger process. The firm handles the following areas:
- Implementation of mergers
- Post merger Integration
- Organisation of governance networks
- Management of the transformation programme
Data & Intelligence
Open data, advanced analytics, deep risk, machine learning... The unprecedented development of data and computer science, coupled with a democratization of storage and calculus capacities, is revolutionizing modeling and statistics and is having a major impact on the financial services sector through its multiple applications: finance, risk, marketing, strategic plans, pricing, organization, HR, processes...
We are convinced that consulting must now enter the era of data sciences, and we also strongly believe that strong business expertise is a big success factor to secure Analytics potential. This is what Exton Analytics is all about, where we fully integrate, for the benefit of our clients, strong analytical and technical skills, and our business know-how on the financial services industry, with real and perceptible impacts for the players involved.
The Exton Analytics integrated team assists Exton Consulting Part of Accenture's clients in three main areas:
- Business (strategy & marketing, distribution & sales, operations and customer services),
- FRC (finance, risks, actuarial, compliance),
- Transformation issues related to data development, from a data-driven company perspective.
Some examples of missions
- Knowledge and customer value (segmentation, appetence, churn, potential projection)
- Process improvement (customer journey, quality of service, pain points, BO process...)
- Pricing of insurance or credit portfolios (Property & Casualty, Mortgage, Consumer Credit, NPL, ...)
- Optimization of risks and capital costs (Capital planning, stress test [including Covid impact], Risk appetite/reinsurance strategy...)
- Data strategy and roadmap
Innovation & Acceleration
New modes of consumption, the digital transformation of companies, the supremacy of GAFA, the emergence of fintechs and neobanks... The financial services sector has been undergoing major upheavals in recent years, impacting both its historical competitive landscape and its relationship with its end customers and employees, with a real challenge of acceleration, including in the time to market.
With research, studies and partnerships with the ecosystem, our firm has made a long-term commitment to these subjects for several years. As a founding member of the Swave, the first French innovation program dedicated to Fintechs, and a partner of Finance Innovation, active member of its labeling committee for Fintechs banking and insurance projects, Exton Consulting Part of Accenture is also a partner of a number of key players in innovation (Mines ParisTech, Dauphine, start-ups studios, etc.).
Exton Discovery, our entity dedicated to innovation and acceleration, is today supported by a multi-disciplinary and experienced team, combining Exton Consulting Part of Accenture's expertise in financial services and specialized innovation profiles. Exton Discovery covers three dimensions, in a logic of open innovation:
- Decoding & Learning
- Shaping & Innovating
- Accelerating & Delivering
The 3 pillars of Exton Discovery
Our monitoring solution
In order to help financial services players gain efficiency during the exploration phase, and to facilitate strategic decision-making, Exton Discovery has co-constructed with Invyo, a start-up specialized in artificial intelligence, a customized and smart monitoring solution, benefiting from both Exton Consulting Part of Accenture's expertise and Invyo's cutting-edge technology.
Examples of missions
- Design & deployment of a robo-advisor for a major banking group
- Definition of a bancassurer's innovation policy
- Development / repositioning of neo-banks
- Definition of a new innovative business model on an international level
- Design of an innovative payment solution via a Fintech
- Acculturation and choice of collaborations / investments with start-ups & Fintechs
Design & Experience
Exton Emotion is a multidisciplinary team specializing in the design of experiences and emotions, drawing on Exton Consulting Part of Accenture's know-how and business expertise in financial services.
We believe in a people-centered approach to find strategic opportunities and innovate in a sustainable way.
We believe in emotions as a lever for a memorable experience.
Our conviction: experience is a key factor of differentiation and of customer and employee engagement, in an economy where personalization is pushed to the extreme.
Driven by consumer behavior and market innovations, the experience economy has already profoundly transformed a number of industries and has begun its transformation in financial services. The consumer is now seen as a person with a strong emotional capacity, hitherto neglected. The great challenge today is to succeed in engaging them in an experience that will remain in their memory as a positive and unique recollection, a source of satisfaction and loyalty.
In financial services, new players have entered the market, disrupting the traditional players by offering disruptive customer experiences (simplicity, instantaneity...). With great agility in enriching their value proposition, these new players have a strong ability to adapt to customer expectations.
Inevitably, the future belongs to companies that will be able to rotate, transform their business model and organizations to gain agility, to meet the extremely strong need for customization of customers. From now on, it's all about delivering unique, memorable and economically valuable experiences.
Redefine, reenchant, build, align: the 4 pillars of Exton Emotion
Examples of missions
- Vision 2030 of the strategic positioning of a private bank
- Identification of diversification opportunities for an insurer
- Creation of a multi-country leasing marketplace
- Creation of a neo-bank
- Redesign of the overdraft offer of a banking player
- Organizational design for the headquarters of a regional bank
Impact & Sustainability
In all industrial and financial sectors, more and more companies are committed, in line with their raison d'être or "purpose", to building a sustainable future with responsible growth, taking into account the objectives of sustainable development, the reference framework set by the UN for political, economic and financial actors. This desire is in line with the profound change we are experiencing at the global macroeconomic level: in recent years, we have seen a shift from an economy of efficiency to an economy of resilience, where societal and environmental excellence is a strategic priority for companies. At the heart of financing the economy, financial institutions have a key role to play in this transition and are already committed to promoting and making an impact on the three axes of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG).
In the continuity of our work, publications and events concerning the quest for meaning and purpose in companies, green finance or the challenges of ESG transformation in financial services, we have built an experienced and multidisciplinary team and an ecosystem of reflection on these ESG themes that we consider to be major. Exton Purpose is our expertise entirely dedicated to impact and sustainability, to help our clients in financial services to build resilient and innovative models with positive ESG impacts.
In order to specifically address the needs of each department at our clients, we support them on 4 pillars: ESG 360 Strategy, ESG First Client Offer, Innovation for Good and ESG Compliance.
Based on our convictions in terms of ESG transformation and our recognized multidisciplinary expertise (financial services, innovation, data, transformation, compliance), we support our customers in defining and implementing their long-term strategy, designing tomorrow's ESG offerings with new customer and employee career paths, and implementing new models and ecosystems.
Strategy ESG 360
- Define the company's vision (implementation of the raison d'être), ambitions and corresponding sustainable strategies
- Setting the company, employees and all stakeholders in motion and driving ESG transformation
- Positioning data ESG at the heart of the financial services transformation
- Organize evaluation and communication on impact measurement
- Define tomorrow's business models and evaluate investment options
ESG First client offer
- Transform existing product lines and create new brands and responsible products ESG First
- Define new ESG First customer paths
- Adapt employee career paths, their training and sales animation
- Measure the impact of each offer and communicate it by selecting an appropriate labelling strategy.
Innovation for Good
- Decipher the Techs for Good universe and help teams to develop their skills via inspiration book, training and LEX...
- Evaluate and select innovation opportunities for Good
- Carry out transformative projects such as the creation of open banking/insuring platforms, acquisitions or graduations.
- Anticipate European and national regulatory scenarios to analyze their business and functional impacts in terms of offers, career paths, HR, reporting and on existing projects.
- Framing, implementing and managing ESG regulatory projects
- Assess and integrate ESG risks into models at the corporate level or in credit/investment portfolios
Some examples of missions
- Definition of the ESG First vision of the company
- Diagnosis & ESG 360 roadmap
- Steering and animation of the ESG transformation
- Design of ESG First offers and associated marketing
- Definition of new customer paths ESG First
- Elaboration of employee career paths (training, animation...)
- Inspiration book Techs for Good with LEX
- Acquisition / Fintegration
- Creation of open banking/insuring platforms
- Regulatory watch
- ESG Risk Mapping
- Regulatory compliance project
- Templates / Tools for Risk Assessment and Internal Policies
1] cf. Exton 2019 Summer University and Inside Financial Services newsletter n°47, 3rd quarter 2019, dedicated to the theme "purpose-driven companies".
2] See Inside Financial Services letter no. 42, 2nd quarter 2018.